Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Water update!!!


And this is a picture of the aftermath of the torpedo heater not working. We have now nearly disassembled the entire enclosed back porch!!! If it wasn't bad enough the water is frozen.........hubby went to work on it earlier today and found out he was trying to unthaw the wrong pipe all along!!! Now we have a pipe that is completely busted BEFORE the water meter and it is spraying water all under the house!!! We called them several hours ago and reported it as an emergency.......they said they'd be here before the day was over!! It's now dark!!! Oh.........the guy just called and said he was on the other side of the train......we live right by train tracks and quite frequently trains stop on the tracks.....everyday as a matter of fact.......and they stay there for up to an hour or more sometimes!!!! There's supposed to be a law against that but..............anyways.......back to my story..........now he's here and in the back with hubby. I don't know what he's going to do, but I sure hope it can be fixed soon. My shopping got put on hold and now I only have one day left. Of course, that's nothing out of the ordinary really. It's a tradition with my husband......he has to go out shopping on Christmas Eve every year!! He loves the hustle and bustle and all the crowds!! I, on the other hand, absolutely hate it. I can't stand all the people pushing and shoving and fighting over stupid stuff. Like I said in one of my newsletters, there is nothing so important to me that I have to fight over it and I certainly would not trample someone to death to get anything!!!!!
So........there you have it. We have water...........just not running through the pipes to the sink and showers where I want it!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Bless your heart. Let me know when it's all fixed. You can bring the whole crew over if you need to:).