Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Back Update"

Well, after the Jacuzzi, the doctor's appointment and 4 prescriptions I managed to move properly for a couple of days, but then I got really stupid (no unusual comments please!!!!) and horsed around with Shelley (our middle daugher) last night. It was feeling some better and she manages to make me laugh..........a lot!!! And we were playing "Sumo" wrestler!!! Yeah, that's what I said. You didn't read it wrong!!! I said I got stupid didn't I!!!?? By the time I woke up in the middle of the night I could barely move again!!! And boy, does it hurt today. I guess when they say "no pain, no gain" I guess they mean it!!!! I regained a little bit of my sanity through all of our horse play, but I also regained a lot of the pain!!!! UGH!!!!! That's ok though. With some of the challenges I've faced lately I NEEDED that laughter. The Bible says laughter is like a good medicine and does a heart good!!! Maybe physically I didn't feel better, but it sure did pick me up for the time and it was refreshing to laugh and have a good time!!! Shelley went to school for Accounting, but should have been a stand up comic!!! She can crack me up at any given moment. There's one word she says to me that without fail, makes me just nearly roll on the floor!!! I'd share it with you, but it wouldn't make a bit of sense to you if you haven't heard it. I love the way she senses my pain sometimes, comes to my rescue and releases those happy hormones in my brain for a short while!!!

No comments: