Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Wake-Up" Call!!!

I just read one of my girlfriends blogs. It showed a picture of our current President at some type of sporting event with a glass of beer in his hand!!!!! Although that did not shock me in any way, it startles me that this picture would be available for "normal" people like us (well.....Wanda, you and I are far from normal, but anyways........) to get our hands on and be able to post. Of course, there's a lot out there that people can get ahold of these days, but really, to take a shot of the President of the United States.......the leader of our Country.....drinking a beer? Come on. I'm sure there are other more important things he can be doing. I'm just startled at the fact that we, as Christians, teach our children that alcohol and drugs are wrong and then have to have them exposed to pictures like this of one who is in a position of such high authority that encourages what we try to discourage. Then again, he does not claim to be a Christian either. But he is the leader and he should set a good example. I'm sure that picture would not not phase most people and probably not even many Christians, which is sad, but true. Somehow we've gotten away from our true roots and core values of what's right and wrong!!! However, we need to realize as Christians, there are going to be a lot of things this President does that we will not agree with.............hence, our tax dollars now paying for abortions!!! Abortion is murder no matter how you cut the cake. Some people argue that point..........there is NO argument about it!!!! The Bible says it is, therefore, it is!!!!! Well, that's an entire different subject to post for another time!!! As time goes on, Christians get your head out of the sand; realize what's going on!!! I did not vote for this man, but I sure lift him up before a Holy God who is in control of everything no matter what we do!!! And.........as I see things happening I am encouraged!!!!!! After all, the Bible says: "lift up your heads, redemption draweth nigh!!!!!!!" Signs of the time are everywhere!!! Jesus is coming soon!!!! Get ready!!!! That's my daily prayer!!!!!!!

No comments: