Sunday, May 25, 2008

Remembering............

Memorial Day has taken on a whole new meaning to me this year. My life has been like a rollercoaster for the last week or so. Bittersweet moments have filled my days and most likely will continue to for a good long while. Most of you all know the elderly gentleman I was taking care of went to be with the Lord a week ago this last Friday. We had a memorial service for him this past Friday and it was well attended. We were so proud that many of our friends who didn't even know him came. They came to support me and my husband just because they care and love us. It's so wonderful to be cared about the way those friends do.......it just makes you feel so special. I wanted them to be as acquainted with him as they could so I sat out everything I could think of that was associated with the brief time I was blessed to care for him. Things he doesn't need anymore......glasses, walker, blanket to keep warm with......lamp for light.......birthday banner and card............There's no need for these things anymore.....his sight has been restored and his legs are strong......he's finally warm enough and Jesus is his light.......he celebrated the greatest birthday of all.......the day he entered Heaven's gates to spend an eternity with our wonderful Saviour. I was so privileged to be able to care for such a wonderful man. I was changed in a way that I can't explain by a man who didn't know me very well, but trusted me as if he'd known me all his life. For all my friends who came and those who couldn't, yet you still prayed for me: "Thank you!!!" Your generosity has not gone unnoticed and I asked God to bless you beyond measure!! I look forward to the day I can meet up with him again and all those who've gone on before me!!

Have a safe and happy holiday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you. I'm so glad you had a great turn out for your friends celebration!
What a sweet testimony.

I'll pray for you.....that God will bless you for blessing him. What a servant heart you have.

Love
Wander

Hey...will I see you at the convention??