Monday, April 28, 2008

Just call us "Daddy & Mama"

Ok........now I know we are just "slightly" older than most of our friends, but this weekend showed that we must be aging......and not gracefully I might add!!!!! Let me tell you my "pitiful" story....grab your tissues.....it will break your heart or at least bring tears to your eyes from the hysterical laughter!!!! So.......we got to Nashville for the retreat and we were to early to check into our rooms so we decided to go get a bite to eat. We went into one of the quaint little restaurants and as Pastor Jeff(from Portage Missionary) always does, he introduced himself as "Jeff" to the waitress and then introduced my husband as "Jeff" to which the waitress replied, "Oh, is he your dad?" All of us nearly fell out of the booth laughing. Well, the poor waitress felt so bad she just kept coming back and apologizing. We finished eating lunch and decided to stop by an ice cream shop and the guys were telling the lady behind the counter what happened and as we were walking out the door she looked at me and said: "Is this your daughter?" pointing to my friend Shannon(Pastor Jeff's wife)...who I might add is "only" 10 years younger than me....she looks really young though.........really........she does!!!!!!!! I just laughed and said, "yeah" and went on out the door! So, we went on and that was the joke of the day......we called my husband "daddy" for the rest of the day and referred to me as "Mama!!" It was time for us to go to the first session that they had planned for us in the evening and as we were standing around talking, we made some new friends and here it came again........one of the other Pastor's wives looked at Shannon and said: "Is this your mom?" (once again pointing to me!!!!!!) Well, talk about the straw that broke the camels back!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly came unglued (not really.........) Wanda (the other Pastor's wife).......spent the next 20 minutes trying to explain how she didn't really see Shannon well and how the lighting in the place was dim and so on and so forth.......it was to funny to watch her squirm and try to work her way out of the predicament she got herself into!!!!! (Wanda, I still love you!!!!)

Ok, ok.................I told you the tissues would be for the incredible laughter that would come!!!!!

That's it..........Maybeline has lost out........obviously it's not doing the trick!!!!! Then again, how many coats of paint can an old barn take before you can't cover the flaws anymore!!!!!!!! Oh, the pain, the pain...............Botoxing here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now listen up, Missy!!....I knew the moment it happened I'd end up on some fancy shmancy blog!!
Oh you don't look like Shannon's mama! You are fabulous! And I am thrilled that God let me meet such an amazing lady at this weekend's conference. You guys made our day! We needed some good fun, thanks!
Wanda

Debbie said...

Poor, poor thing.....
You noticed what I did after that comment....
DUCK and RUN....
That's what I do in sticky situations....ha!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, you had one mixed up day didn't you!
- Monica Lamme

Tony Brown said...

You guys are wierd.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to reach middle, um I mean a more seasoned age and have that problem! People ask me if my mom is my sister so either I look rough for 33 or she looks FANTASTIC for 58. I'll chooese the latter choice.