Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"CRAB LEGS ANYONE?"

“Father…….forgive me for I have sinned!!!” Well, that’s the prayer I was praying on Saturday. As many know I have had more health issues this year than I have had in all my years and as one more issue has been added (Shingles) I think and my husband, wonderful man that he is, is trying his best to do “anything” and “everything” to bring some kind of relief to me!!! Bless his heart!!! He’s better to me than I deserve that’s for sure!!! Well, he found this quaint little place called “Gaucho’s.” He saw a coupon for it in the paper and decided to take me there. It’s a Brazilian restaurant. Needless to say, it was quite different than I had ever been in before; a very different atmosphere than a normal restaurant. I won’t give it away and ruin it in case you haven’t been there!! You really should try it (but ONLY if they are running a special unless your name is Bill Gates!!!!!) J Well, anyways, they were running a lunch special that included “all you can eat”, prime rib, pork tenderloin, chicken “something or what” and crab legs!!!! Normally I don’t get my money’s worth when we go to any restaurant because I don’t eat enough. Let me tell you………they lost money on me Saturday!!! I swear I must have eaten 10 pounds of crab legs!!! The waiter took away 3 plates full of shells if I count right!!! Did I mention crab legs are my ultimate favorite? It used to be shrimp scampi, but I think crab legs have truly won out in the last year or so!! I just kept eating and kept eating…….and kept eating……until I was completely and utterly miserable!!!!! I felt so guilty. I never eat that much!!! I couldn’t take anymore and just had to say “no” to more!! It was wonderful while I was filling up on them though!!!! However, I felt kind of sick after I was done. Too much I guess!!!

When we left I thought about that little prayer…..you know……the “Father, forgive me prayer?” I got to thinking that me with those crab legs is like us with sin. We all have that one particular sin that seems to draw us more than others and we feast on it!!! We indulge every now and again. However, after we have filled up on it we begin to realize we can’t take anymore and we have to say “no” and stop. It begins to make us feel uneasy and leaves us feeling sick. It’s at that point we go to the Father and ask for His forgiveness. He gives His true forgiveness, not some little prayer that many make fun of. It’s an earnest prayer knowing that we took in more than we could handle. But, thanks be to God, He is there just waiting to hear our plea ready to freely give that forgiveness to empty us of the guilt we feel and the sin that sickens us. And just like me with the crab legs, knowing the very next time I get the opportunity, I will do it again, He will be eagerly awaiting my request. He is faithful and just to forgive every time we indulge in that sin!!!!

”for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

Romans 3:23 -24


Until next time!!!
Love lots,
Always,
Darlene

No comments: